Monday, September 28, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything...

I had a busy, but wonderful week. A friend spent the weekend with us. She and I had been best friends in sixth grade. She moved away but moved back in high school, and then we both left Kansas. A couple months ago she moved to Minnesota. It was wonderful to catch up on where all her family is and to introduce her to my boys and grandchildren.

It was also my RWA Chapter monthly meeting. My friend attended with me. Our group had a booth at the Library for Wyoming Stage Coach Days. Luckily my youngest son’s girlfriend has a closet full of western wear she let us borrow. (Since I didn’t take any pictures, here’s one of my granddaughter on a very large rocking horse.)

I also made salsa and canned tomatoes. I’m trying to get the garden cleaned out before the frost comes.

My final reader read through Boot Hill Bride and I turned the last round of edits in, so that one is said and done. I’m now working on another Texas Ranger story as well as the fourth Quinter Bride Book and a collaborative story about two sisters with another writer.

Oh, and to anyone who saw the Vikings game…What an ending! Go Vikes!

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

yOu are busy! I don't have a garden so I don't have to can! LOL Actually I can't grow anything. It either shrivels up or the deer eat it.

It's always fun to catch up with people we haven't seen in a while.

Congrats on all the good things happening in your writing!