Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We awoke to plenty of snow this morning, and while attempting to shovel the front patio, and because it was perfect snowman snow, I decided rolling the snow into balls for a snowman would be easier than shoveling it. Bear was at my side the entire time, but didn't pay a lot of attention to exactly what I was doing until I put the eyes on the snowman. I'm anxious to hear what our grandson Connor thinks of the snowman tomorrow.

After shoveling the deck and finishing the snowman, I spent the day prepping for tomorrow. It will be a fun day in which we'll eat too much, laugh a lot, and eat too much again. And for all of that, I'm extremely grateful.


I am thankful for so much, every day of my life—for living in a wonderful country, for freedom, for my right to worship God, for all the obvious and not to be taken lightly things which include my family, home, community, friends, vocation, my publishers and their belief in me, and especially the people who read and find delight in my books. Thanks for sharing this wonderful life with me.

And for all of you who end up with leftover Turkey, and want a delicious way to use it, here is my Chicken Wild Rice Soup. I've used turkey plenty of times. This is my family's all time favorite soup. 


Chicken Wild Rice Soup
 
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup flour
2 cups cooked wild rice
2-3 tablespoons chicken flavored stock granules in 2-3 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
2-3 cups heavy whipping cream
2-3 cups cooked and cubed chicken breasts seasoned with Cavender’s Greek seasoning
Pepper, salt, and Thyme to taste

Cook wild rice per instructions on package, drain. Cook (either fry or microwave chicken sprinkled with Greek seasoning), cube. Heat the 2-3 cups water and add granules as directed on the package. In large soup pot, melt butter and, sauté onion, celery and carrots until tender. Blend flour with butter and veggies until thick and lumpy. Pour in hot chicken broth, stirring constantly until creamy. Boil for one minute, while stirring turn down heat and add chicken, pepper, salt and Thyme. Simmer for 5-10 min, and then stir in rice and cream. Let simmer for 5-10 min or transfer to a crock pot.

Disclaimer: I’m a ‘pinch’ and ‘dump’ type of cook, so I’ve estimated the measurements.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

1 comment:

Sharon Courtney said...

Hello everyone, Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I thought my life had become meaningless and had nothing to offer any more as I had HIV, the symptoms became very severe and bold which made my family and friends run away from me and abandoned me, so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams, vision, and job because doctors told me there's no cure. I consumed so many antiviral drugs, but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me, It was worse. I was desperate to find a solution to this horrible and deadly virus inside me. I made online research on herbal remedies for  HIV/Aids cure when I came across testimonies of some people on how DR JAMES uses his herbal mix medicine to Cured them of  MENINGITIS, DENGUE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR DISORDER, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, UNDERACTIVE THYROID, HIV/AIDS. HERPES VIRUS. CANCER, ALS, STROKE, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, FIBROID, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER. OVARIAN CANCER, INFERTILITY, GET YOUR LOVER BACK. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, LUNG DISEASES. I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later, I decided to contact him on his details provided. When I messaged him we talked, and he told me how his herbs and root medicine works Which were all okay with me. He sent me his herbal mix medicine and told me the usage and I should go for a test after 1 week of drinking his herbal medicine Within 7 days of his herbal medications the symptoms disappeared one week after the usage of the herbal medicine. I went for a test Lo and behold I was tested HIV negative by the same  Doctor Who tested me HIV positive earlier. Thank you DR James for saving my life and I'll keep telling the world about you so anyone suffering from all kinds of health challenges should reach Dr. James for he has got the solution for a quick recovery  If you're out there going through pains, rejection and facing any kind of health challenges Worry no more and contact DR James via.   drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com   He's a good man, and he will surely help you.