Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What a Week!


Goodness a lot has happened since my last blog. Time does fly when we’re having fun doesn’t it?

Last week the Japan Uni Agency contacted me, this is the same literacy agency that corresponded the rights for Mail Order Husband to be translated into Japanese with Oakla Publishing, to now act on behalf of yet another Japanese publisher. Ohzora Publishing is interested in adapting the story into a Japanese comic book, or manga. I’ve been informed mangas are very popular in Japan and that people of all ages read them and all genres are included in their range of subjects. Ohzora Publishing has published several romance novels as mangas and will be offering it in print and ebook. This picture is just a sample of one. I have no idea what Mail Order Husband will look like, but I’ll keep you posted. This is so beyond my greatest expectation, I’m still in awe. 

The Wild Rose Press contacted me and they are separating the two anthologies I have stories in. Some time this next year or so A Soldier for Christmas (An American Rose Christmas Anthology) and Sheriff McBride (Lawmen and Outlaws Anthology) will be available as standalone stories.

Harlequin offered me another two book contract for two Undone stories to be released yet this year. The first one (a story that I love about a woman gambler) will be released in May, so I am in a rush to get all the ins and outs completed for that to happen.

Today I was one of the judges at our local high school for the Poetry Out Loud Contest. Sixty-five 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders recited poems (some well-known, some not so well-known) and it was absolutely amazing!

And, on February 1st, not only will Testing the Lawman’s Honor be released, but I’ll have an author interview up at The Long and Short Review site.

Until next week…Smile, dance, and most importantly, be happy!

No comments: