Monday, February 21, 2011

Lots and Lots of Snow

Like 12-15 inches of snow since yesterday, and it’s still falling. I do believe I’m snowed in. DH left with the plow truck a couple hours ago, and I can’t even see the trail he left in the driveway. Since I don’t have to go anywhere today, it would be a perfect day to write, but the black moment in my latest WIP needs to be fleshed out a bit more. I do that best when I’m busy, so I’m thinking about painting my kitchen. I did the downstairs bathroom last week and really like how it turned out…We’ll just have to see what the day brings.

We celebrated our granddaughter’s birthday on Saturday. (She turns two on Thursday.) Papa is her favorite word and person. As guests started to arrive, she snuggled up next to him and didn’t move until it was time to open gifts, which she tore into like a well-seasoned pro.

I received a lovely review from the Long and Short of It Reviews for Guardian Bride last week. Reviewer Camellia said, “With memorable metaphors and a special guardian angel, Lauri Robinson sweeps the reader into the Quinters’ lives…”

That’s about it from my little spot in the world today. I’m off to scrub the kitchen walls. Maybe they don’t need paint….

I hope you’re enjoying your day, whether it’s sunny or snowy, warm or cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lauri: My Husband and I have so enjoyed your Quinter Series. We laughed at Ma and enjoyed each character. When is the newest Quinter book coming out? Heard it was next month,but cannot find anything on it recently. Keep your wonderful books coming, you are one of our favorite writers!
Judy. Jot me a note please

cobb.realtors@frontier.com