Monday, November 1, 2010

Busy Day

Here’s our little Halloween treat!


We had a wonderful Halloween, trick or treating with the granddaughters and visiting the haunted house. I left out treats on the table on the patio for any treaters that showed up while we were gone, and knowing the neighbor dog would be expecting her treats, I also set out a bowl for her. Low and behold, when we returned home, the candy dish was still full, but the dog dish, t-bones and all, was gone. Ava (the neighbor dog) took the entire dish back home with her. She is a hoot, and we love having her visit us daily.

Today has been busy, besides the day job, I am part of my library’s local artist event. The opening reception was from 3-8PM today. The event will run all week. Lots of fun and neat art on display!

AND…Her Midnight Cowboy was released by HQN today! Here is a short excerpt from the book:

They were through the doorway, and he kept moving, forcing her down the hall. “Yes, you.” His nose bumped hers. “You will not parade yourself about half dressed. Not in front of me or anyone else.”

She grabbed the end post of the large staircase, stopping both of them. “Not even my father tells m—”

“Nor will you ride the hills by yourself, or run to town on a whim.” He laid a hand on the stair railing, curling his fingers around the polished wood for support. No longer whispering, he said, “I have ten thousand head of cattle to see to, I don’t need any trouble from you.”

Huffing, she asked, “Trouble from me?”

“Yes.” He nodded at the second floor. “Now hightail your little butt upstairs and get dressed.”

Her eyes widened. “You can’t tell me what to do.”

“Oh, yes, I can.” He took a step back and pointed upstairs. “Go, now.”
Angel’s chin dropped. “I don’t—”

The sting of his palm connecting with her backside stopped her outburst. It had been action without thought. Being responsible for her virtue was more than he bargained for. “Go before I drag you up those stairs and dress you myself.”
“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Try me.” he challenged.

The stare down lasted a few minutes before she gave in and stomped up the stairs. Stopping on about the fifth one, she turned around and glared at him. “You’ll rue this day, Mr. McGuire.”

His eyes locked on the way her breasts rose and fell. “I already do, Angel girl. I already do.”


Finally, today, I was one of several historical authors participating in the Historical Extravaganza November Book Brew with the Coffee Crew at Coffee Times Romance Coffee Thoughts Blog, here and here.

There are lots of great prizes over there, so if you have a chance, stop by and leave a comment or two!

That’s about it for me on this first day of November 2010.

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

Fun excerpt! I missed the coffee brew. To much going on!