Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On the road again...

We are heading back down to Kansas this week for a family reunion. It’s always great to see everyone down there. It’s tradition at this reunion to bring something ‘hand made’ for the auction that raises money for the next year’s reunion. I always donate a couple books and am excited to see how this year’s event goes. It is the Turley family reunion (my husband’s grandmother’s family) and in my book Shotgun Bride-The Quinter Brides Book 1, the sheriff’s name is Turley, so I know the family is going to have fun with that one.

Today I had the most awesome experience. I spoke to a book club in the cities. The club had chosen An April to Remember as a club read. It was so cool to talk to all these people who had read the book and had specific questions about Jerek and April and the Sultana disaster. They wanted to know how I learned about the Sultana, why I wrote about it, and a million other questions. I’ve spoken to many different groups as an author, but this, by far, was the most wonderful one yet! I invited my mother to attend with me, and she too had a great time. They had questions for her as well, the most common being how it felt to be the mother of an author. LOL.

WRDF reviews gave Lawmen and Outlaws Anthology an ‘entertaining and engaging’ rating. Reviewer Sally says the book “tugs at the heartstrings of anyone who wants to escape into an era when men were men…”

I also received preliminary galleys for both A Soldier for Christmas, my story for the American Rose Christmas Anthology, and Boot Hill Bride. I’d like to say I’ll be working on these while we drive to Kansas, but since we will be taking my car, I will be doing all the driving. Which is fine by me, the driver’s seat is more comfortable than the passengers. AND since I know she’ll be going back into storage soon, I’m happy to get as much time behind the wheel as possible. I’ve had my Mustang for a year now, and still love her as much as the day I drove her off the car lot.

P.S. The picture is Isabelle trucking across our front yard in her jeep. My DH thinks she takes after her grandmother, we can't get her out from behind the wheel either.

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

LOL- Enjoy your pony as long as you can!
That's awesome that the reader group had so many good questions.
Have a safe trip!