Sunday, November 30, 2008

A little bit of everything....

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We certainly did. The kids and their families were all here, and we ate two turkeys! LOL. One at noon, the other at six. In between meals the kids went out and cut down Christmas trees, so I’m hoping to get ours up this week…Along with several other things, such as cards, shopping, wrapping, you know, the whole Christmas gamut, which includes a couple of those wonderful Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies! Yes, December has arrived. Yeah!

My free read, Yes, Genevieve, There is a Santa Claus, should appear sometime this month at The Wild Rose Press.

On Thursday I have the Author Tea for Osseo Community Education. I’m looking forward to the event.

When I turned on my computer this morning, I had a nice surprise… My first review for Shotgun Bride, The Quinter Brides Book 1! WRDF reviewer Joanne Hall says, “Lauri Robinson has rustled up a highly enjoyable read…” If you have a moment, check out the full review. This is the first time I’ve been reviewed by this site, and had never heard of them before.

Last week I received the covers for my two short stories, Rancher McBride and Doctor McBride. The third story, Sheriff McBride is part of the Outlaw and Lawmen anthology. These will be released in May/June of 2009.

I also received a phone call from a book club interested in reading An April to Remember as soon as it’s released in April 2009. They have requested twenty copies, and scheduled me to speak to their group in August. It’s sure to be a lot of fun.

One final note...On Thursday I’ll post a blog on The Cactus Rose of The Wild Rose Press Blog, so stop by to hear more about frontier weddings.

Thanks for stopping, and have a great week!

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Wow! And you talk about me having a lot going on!
Congrats on the review and all the wonderful things happening in your life!
I'm hoping my dh is bringing a tree home from Elk hunting so I can get it up. My daughter started decorating my house yesterday! LOL She loves the Christmas season and gets in the mood as soon as the last piece of Thanksgiving pie is eaten!

Lauri said...

Thanks, Paty. Things are busy, but wonderful!

That was sweet of your daughter! And I hope your hubby had good luck while hunting, both in finding a tree and an elk.