Friday, August 9, 2013

This and That


Yes, our grandson has arrived, and DH is still grinning. Though he admits he’ll be more involved when the little guy starts running around and talking. That’s Papa for you. All is well on the baby front and we are so thankful for that. Babies truly are a miracle and we count our blessings this little one and his mommy are both doing fabulously. Our daughter-in-law is the best little mommy, and there, too, we know we are blessed. 

And our two-year-old granddaughter (a cousin to the new baby) turned three last weekend. The birthday party was a blast. She wanted a birthday cake with her picture on it, so that’s what we had. However, the picture also included her bunny rabbit “Two” and she wasn’t impressed when her mommy cut him in-two. I was thankful I didn’t get that piece of cake. 

I promised to tell you what I had in store for the girls once their baby brother was born—here it is: A glow in the dark bubble bath. They loved it. We filled the bathtub with water and lots of bubbles, all three girls climbed in, and then I tossed in about four dozen glow sticks. (DO NOT attempt to break the glow sticks open. The cracking sound you hear when you activate them is glass breaking inside the plastic tube.) I switched off the light and the water lit up in an array of colors. Giggles could be heard for miles I’m sure. The girls were in that tub until completely “pruney” and then we put the glow sticks in a vase and set them beside our bed for a night light. It was lots of fun and we will repeat it. 

This weekend we have a birthday bash for our neighbor, which is always a fun time. I’m making Special K bars and jalapeño roll ups. Two of the granddaughter’s favorites.  

On to writing….The Stetson and Scandals miniseries is selling extremely well! Thank you, all. I do hope you enjoy Garret and Roy in Dance with the Rancher, as well as Trace and Annabelle in Rescued by the Ranger. There is a little guy in that second story, Wyatt, whom I just fell in love with. Maybe he’ll grow up to have his own story. 

That, however, can’t happen for a while. Another three book contract is in the works, giving me five to write…and I’ve decided to try a new time period. The roaring twenties! (I’ll still have plenty of cowboy and old west stories, too. I’ll never part with them completely.) The research so far has been amazing. What a wild and adventurous time! I’ve plotted out two books and am itching to start writing them. Watch out world, the Nightingale sisters are a hot bunch of tomatoes! 

I’ve things to accomplish this morning, so must get to them. Have a wonderful weekend. Count your blessings. And tell someone you love them. They may already know it, but will enjoy hearing it!

No comments: