Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving



I must admit, I’m so caught up in my latest story, I’ve been writing every minute I get. It’s set at Fort Sill, Oklahoma Indian Territory in 1878.  I am finding researching the Comanche amazing, and I must send out a huge THANK YOU to my nephew Kris and his wife Vikki for all the pictures of Oklahoma. It’s been years since I was in that part of this wonderful USA. This book has a February deadline, and I’m thankful for every hour I get to spend working on it.

I’m so thankful for many, many other things, too, as I know you all are as well. Every one of you reading this blog is one of the blessings I’m most grateful for. Thank you for supporting my writing life.

We’ll all gather at my oldest son’s house tomorrow, and have a splendid day, even as our heart strings tug while missing my mom this first Thanksgiving without her.  I’m sure the meal will be delicious, but I know we all will miss her cooking—especially her coleslaw. We will, however, celebrate and perhaps shed a tear as we recall how my four-year-old granddaughter informed everyone when Grandma Mary went to heaven that Jesus is happy now, because he gets to eat grandma’s coleslaw. 

Keep memories close at hand this holiday, and make some new ones, you’ll be glad you did.

Blessings.

No comments: