Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wow, it's been awhile...


Sorry about that, but with the sun out and the grass green, the outdoors calls. And I gave the ‘playroom’ a makeover. First I painted the walls a plum color and the molding all bright white, then put up new curtains and shades, and then the fun came. The accessories! A full length mirror, a large basket of ‘dress up’ clothes, high-heeled shoes and an overstuffed jewelry box, new lime green tubs for the shelves and matching baskets for other toys. And in the corner, one large, comfy wicker Papasan chair (for snuggling with Grandma). It turned out adorable. The girls loved it and had to spend the night so they could get up and play in it again the next morning.
Okay…enough about that.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and found time to remember.

We had a very special occurrence a couple weeks ago. My niece graduated from college and in the middle of the graduation party her wonderful boyfriend proposed. It was very special, and a day none of us will forget for a very long time.

Our fingers are all crossed for my mother. She will be having another PET scan next week to see how well she has responded to her chemo treatments.

I completed the edits on another Undone for Harlequin, (due out the first of 2012), made requested revisions to another, AND my gold mining story is on the home stretch. I’m looking forward to our trip to Colorado so we can visit one of the towns I’ve researched for this story.

Thanks to so many for your wonderful emails about Wildcat Bride. I’ve been amazed by the amount of people who are asking when Jack will get his own story….Food for thought.

I hope June arrived with all the sunshine and glory you dreamed of in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

Sounds like a fun play room! We're hoping the grandkids we don't see very often are coming down for three weeks this summer to spend time with us and their cousins. It will be fun.

Congrats on all the good writing stuff and fingers crossed for your mom.