Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Can't stop her now...


Karlee started crawling yesterday. Just a few feet, but it was so awesome to witness, and there won’t be any stopping her now. It’s truly amazing how much babies learn in their first year of life, isn’t it? She reminds me so much of her daddy when he was little. Always happy and smiling. 

Speaking of grandchildren…Isabelle and Hayley gave me an adorable shirt for Mother’s Day that say’s “Never Fear, Grandma’s Here.” It’s hot pink and already my favorite shirt. And Bear and Gander, AKA, the boys, (my granddogs) gave me a card that has a picture of a yellow lab puppy on the front and it says, “Grandma, As I get older, I realize that you’ve been right about so many things…I am adorable, for example. And talented, and quite possibly a genius. You were so insightful to see that.” It was signed with two paw prints. Priceless. 

Spring, or possibly summer, arrived yesterday. We had eighty degree weather. Which means I must attack my closet, take out the winter garb and replace it with the summer stuff from the upstairs closet. And of course dig out the sandals to show off my wonderful Mother’s Day pedicure. 

On the writing side, I just received the final chapters from one of my critique partners of her Native American story, and I’m looking forward to reading them. It’s a wonderful story full of rare historical facts. I also have a goal of finishing one of my stories this week, so I may be up until the wee hours of the morning.  My favorite time to write is during the quiet evening hours, and I often lose myself until well after midnight. 

Celebrate life this week, with the spring flowers popping up and the trees budding out, there is so much to be grateful for!

No comments: