Sunday, December 5, 2010

Frisbee, anyone?

Yes, it snowed again. And, as you can see, Bear, one of our granddogs, found his Frisbee even amongst the mounds of white. He’s a real character, and was the inspiration for the dog, Sammy, in Shotgun Bride, The Quinter Brides Book One, though I don’t tell him that. He already believes he’s inspirational.

Plenty going on this week with holiday gatherings for the various community chambers I belong to, and this coming weekend is my writer’s group’s holiday party. I’m scrounging up ‘white’ elephant gifts. It’s a fun way to recycle, reuse, and regift some things that have been sitting around for a while. What about you? Do you like ‘white’ elephant exchanges, or not?

My Google alert caught this review of A Wife for Big John. I so enjoy hearing from readers. Without them, who would I write for?

I’ll be over at the Minxes of Romance Blog on December 8th, and on the 15th, I’ll be at the Mixed Book Bag Blog with Jo Jones. Stop by either place if you have time!

The new story is going well, but I put it on hold this weekend while I brainstormed some ideas for my HQN editor who asked if I’d be interested in writing a duet for my next Undones. I also must admit that I spent too much time watching American Pickers on the History Channel this weekend. Goodness, I like that show.

That’s all for now, I’m off to my daughter-in-law’s to make Christmas wreaths. Enjoy your week, and take time to count a few blessings, they are endless!

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

I love white elephant exchanges and missed ours last week. I didn't make the holiday party for my romance chapter due to weather and a cold. Our chapter also requires a ditty to go along with the gift. Which is fun.

Congrats on the review and the good news!

I haven't mad ea wreath yet because the juniper trees are covered in snow and I don't feel like knocking it off to find the boughs with berries!