Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall is in the air.

Well, I had to dig out a fall jacket today. (Big sigh.) And worse than that is the fact I have to find winter storage for ‘Sissy’ to be locked up in all winter. I don’t want to drive her on the salty, sandy, icy, Minnesota winter roads, but I REALLY don’t want to not drive her! Aw, such is life.

It is also campaign time at United Way, and fall also means hunting season, so besides being extremely busy at work, life on the home front will be chaotic as well. I also have to devote time to getting the yard, garden, house and sauna ready for the long winter months. This is a picture of a bottle in the woods near the hunting shack. It's been there for years and I can't believe a critter of some kind hasn't broken it.

On the bright side, I do tend to get more writing done in the winter (once the guys finally head out to hunt one type of animal or another), and I’m really looking forward to that. I have a Texas Ranger in my head who’s impatiently waiting for his story to be told. (He buys a wife from an orphanage and then kidnaps her off a train.) I’ve been doing bits of research on Texas Rangers and the sand hills of Nebraska in preparation of writing his story, which is very interesting, but not enough to quiet him down. A day or two to devote to the outline of his tale will be heaven!

On Thursday I will post on The Wild Rose Press Cactus Rose Blog about marrying Little Joe Cartwright, so please stop by!

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I get more writing done in the winter too. Has to do with less light to hang out outside and work in.

Your next story sounds awesome!

Lauri said...

Thanks for stopping by Paty!

Yes, something about it getting dark out by 5:00 does give us more time doesn't it?

The Texas Ranger is a great guy, and I'm having fun getting to know him.