Friday, August 6, 2010

Arrival!

Yes, Karlee Jo has arrived! At 7lbs 1oz, she is the perfect size to snuggle and love. Here she is with her two cousins. She, mommy, and daddy, are all doing wonderfully, and are scheduled to leave the hospital tomorrow. Her mommy is very creative and chose to spell Karlee this way so she’s named after her daddy whose middle name is Lee. I love it!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hi to Maya! It was fun to have her here, and I hope you enjoyed reading about her and her books. Next week, on Wednesday, August 11th, Sandra Sookoo will be here talking about her adventures in writing, and I’ll be over at Aileen Harkwood’s blog.

It’s been a busy week with Karlee’s arrival, and DH and I were scheduled to attend a sponsor’s a banquet for The Wild Turkey Federation last night. I was somewhat tired, but finally agreed to go, jokingly saying, I was only attending so I could win the gun of the year. Well…guess who won the gun of the year? Yep. Me. Hubby was stunned to say the least.

I have an August 16th deadline for HQN, so that’s what I’ll be working on this weekend, beside going to see baby Karlee everyday, and attending a neighborhood birthday party.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: