Friday, January 22, 2010

Commuter Rail

I took the commuter train to the cities for a meeting yesterday. It was so nice. Much, much better than dealing with an hour of city traffic. The ride was smooth and quick, but I am such a country hick that I barely slept a wink the night before. I was nervous about losing my ticket. (Really, what would they do? Throw me off the train?) And then I was nervous about missing the connecting bus to get me to the meeting spot. (Again…the worst that could have happened was I would have had to walk ten blocks—not deadly!) Now that I’ve experienced the maiden voyage, I know I’ll use the train at every opportunity, and sleep like a baby the night before.

Last week I received a review for Badland Bride from Love Western Romances and one for Kendra’s Choice from The Long and Short of It Reviews.

I did finish the Guardian Bride, the Quinter Brides Book 4 last week—now I’m working on the dreaded synopsis. I hope to get it done and sent off this weekend.

Oh, and don’t forget the Vikings play on Sunday! 

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

LOL You sound like me when my friend and I were attending a Reader's Luncheon in Portland, OR. We stayed at a motel only a block from the TriMet to ride it to the downtown area rather than fight traffic, street construction, and parking. I worried all night we'd start out too late, then I worried we wouldn't get off in the right place or worse get on the wrong line. But after it was all over it was a lot of fun and we used it a second year and will most likely take it again this year.

Go Vikings! I was a fan when Tarkenton was their quarterback. Yes, I was a playpen fan. ;)

Nancy Henderson said...

OMG! I'm the same way. I live in the middle of nowhere & when I have to fly I lose nights (not just one night) of sleep. My worry? Not that the plane will go down in a blazing inferno, taking me with it, no. I'm worried about being able to get a taxi to the hotel or finding the shuttle, etc. Tiny things that mean nothing. Go figure! (Oh, and I worry about finding the bathroom in the airport...)