Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ladies Night Out in Big Lake

I usually don’t blog about work things, but the event I’m hosting right now is so wonderful, if you’re anywhere near Big Lake (Minnesota) you’ll want to attend! On Tuesday, June 16th join other women at the Carousell Works in Big Lake from 6-9 PM for an evening of fun. Tickets are $20 in advance, and $25 at the door. (Email lauriunitedway @ nsatel.net for tickets.) The evening will include a purse raffle, a purse scavenger hunt, food by ‘A Catered Event’, a cash bar, and a variety of mini session and shopping experiences. On-site services will include massages, hair design, pedicures, psychic readings, Reiki practitioner, makeovers, a fashion show, life and business coaching, Lillian’s Purses, and more!

I had to set up one of those big, yellow, lighted signs with the individual letters to advertise the event. (I did convince my son to haul it with his pickup, I wasn’t about to put a hitch on my Mustang!) The towing went well, despite the un-summer like wind and rain that day, however, I didn’t get all the letters I needed when I picked up the sign. It took three trips to the rental store before I finally had enough letters AND numbers to complete my sign.

Okay…now for the writing side of things…

It’s Cowboy Month at the Wild Rose Press! Stop over and pick up a Cactus or Yellow Rose story, they’re all on sale! There will also be a special Cowboy Chat on their Chat Line this Thursday, June 11th at 8 PM EST.

Lawmen and Outlaws was released last week! You Gotta Read Reviews gave it a wonderful review, stating, “A thoroughly enjoyable set of stories. Each story had its own cadence and feel to it and I enjoyed them all very much.” Sheriff McBride is my story, and the other stories are Dreams of Gold by Linda Carroll-Bradd, McKenna’s Woman by Loretta C. Rogers, and The Outlaw’s Angel by Helen Hardt. It was fun to be part of this anthology.

You Gotta Read Reviews also reviewed Doctor McBride last week. Reviewer Tonya says, “I love the McBride series, these books are wonderfully written and they all connect together but have a story all their own to tell.” Romance Junkies also reviewed Doctor McBride, they gave it 4.5 ribbons, and said, “Lauri Robinson’s DOCTOR MCBRIDE is a wonderful addition to her MCBRIDE series.”

One final Cowboy note…If you are looking for a great series, try Paty Jager’s “Petticoat” Series, the third of the series Miner in Petticoats will be released this Friday from The Wild Rose Press. Others in the series include Marshall in Petticoats and Outlaw in Petticoats.

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Thanks for the plug! ;) You've been receiving awesome reviews for an awesome set of stories! I love the McBride stories!

Your Ladies Night out sounds like fun! Have a good time!

Nancy Henderson said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great time!