Friday, March 13, 2009

Countdown to Release Date

An April to Remember will be released on April 3rd!

The tale of the Sultana Riverboat struck me deeply when I first heard about it. I was amazed a story so tragic was buried in history almost from the moment it happened. During months of research, I was surprised by the supply of information I found as well as the amount of controversy that still hovers over the incident.

The hero, Jerek, and the heroine, April, are complete figures of my imaginations, two characters I created to survive the accident, but I worked hard to keep much of what happens to them as close to actual events as possible. Throwing April into the raging, swollen, Mississippi River in the middle of the night was hard since I’m deathly afraid of water. The night I was writing that scene for the first time, it was quite late and my husband asked if I was coming to bed. I told him I couldn’t—not until I got April out of the water. It was about four in the morning before I went to bed. LOL.

Here's the book trailer.

1 comment:

Paty Jager said...

That's a perfect time for this book to come out- April! And it's a great read!